Evinrude/Ranger Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evinrude/Ranger Setup

Recently put two Talons on my 2013 Ranger Z520 B*** Boat w Evinrude 250 Etec. Performance dropped off drastically on hole shot and some on top end. I'm thinking the dealership didn't set my motor exactly back the way it was and I/them didn't check or mark it before hand. Can someone tell me the proper motor height setup for my boat/moter combo???? Thanks

Same problem

I have a z520 with 2012 250 etec HO. Hole shot is an agonizing 7 seconds. Tried 4 different props, the jackplate height was 4.5" below pad (factory) and I adjusted it a 1/4 inch at a time all the way to 3" below pad. No significant change. RPMs on all props ran from about 5950-6100. Regardless of jackplate height. Not more than a half second difference between props.
    One significant thing that did happen the last time I tested it. I unloaded the boat one morning to test. I had raised the jackplate to 3" below pad the night before. On my first two holes its I was at 4.3 - 4.5 seconds and I thought I finally found the sweet spot. Every holeshot after that was 6.7 -7.3 seconds. No changes were made between runs. I'm thinking I may have a motor issue instead of a set up issue. Have only owned the boat two weeks.
    Need someone smarter than me to give insight.

Comment

Working...
    X