Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prop hub spun

i spun my prop hub.

its an 1994 E50TLERE it has been a gem... really... a wonderful motor from day one.

so i think it is worth the repairs lately. a reputable shop just installed a CMC tilt and trim because my factory unit was beyond repair, and it was MUCH cheaper and far faster to go cmc than back with evinrude goods.

he also byp***ed the oil injection because i was starting to have issues there.

anyways i ran the little booger and on a hole shot it started falling on its face... upon investigation i tore up the prop hub...

i have been scouring the interwebs looking for the part and i get lost in a sea of propeller advertisement .... seems like everyone is trying to sell me mercury parts too.

can i get some guidance on this? just a part number or something?
    mechanic says its a factory evinrude stainless prop

You're scouring the Internet looking for what... the vulcanized rubber, the bronze hub, what?

The propeller requires re-hubbing and it's unlikely that you have the heavy duty equipment needed to install what's needed in your original propeller. Take it to a reliable propeller repair shop to have it re-hubbed.... OR... buy a new propeller.

I'd suggest you do both as you'll spin out another hub some day... and simply changing the propeller will save the day for you and your friends.

Comment

i have a full machine shop of my own. i have pressed the old rubber out and the spline collar with it... but cant find a replacement part.

Comment

The propeller repair shops should have them in stock.

Comment

Working...
        X