Need some parts advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some parts advice

i just bought a boat second hand and it came with a 15hp evinrude motor and evinrude throttle and shifter, I've been told that there are some parts missing to connect the throttle cable and the steering cables to the motor if anyone could tell me the parts i need to get that would be greatly appreciated....if needed i could upload some photos

We need the model number of that engine to determine exactly what it is.... then we need to know what parts are missing in order to supply part numbers etc.

Comment

this is the first time I've ever owned a boat so i have no clue whats missing and whats not i could upload photos of it if that helps and the model number is 15705M, all i was told is that a bar for the steering cables wasnt there and the throttle cable needed something for it but no idea what and the shifter cable is too long and have no idea how to shorten it, if a visual is required i will take photos and upload them upon request

Comment

15705M is a 1977 15hp Evinrude.

Yes, we will need some pictures to determine what you need... along with as much information/decriptions as you can provide.

Shift and throttle cables cannot be lengthened or shortened, they are replaced.

Comment

this photo is for the bar that's missing to connect the steering cables too
          http://i.imgur.com/nUChmNs.jpg

this photo is where i was told to connect the shifter too
          http://i.imgur.com/aGptypm.jpg

i wasn't told how the throttle got connected to the motor, but since the throttle cable and the shifter cable are too long i'll have to get replacements so i didn't add a photo of them to it

if there are any throttle and shift cables to recommend that would be great
          Last edited by FedBoy; 07-09-2016, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Give me your email address and I'll upload the proper page for the complete remote control kit from OMC's accessory book. It lists and has graphics of everything you need (if it's still available) via a complete kit with part numbers or via piecemeal with part numbers.

The remote control cables, after you know what length you need can be purchased at any Evinrude/Johnson dealership.

Comment

Working...
            X