70 hp Evinrude Carburetor linkage clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 hp Evinrude Carburetor linkage clips

My dad has an older pontoon with a 70 hp Evinrude 3 cylinder engine on it. I'm having problems with the clips on the linkage of the carbs. The center carb linkage keeps popping out. I put a zip tie on it and it is working but need to buy 3 of those little black clips. However, I don't know the exact year or model number. It is at the lake so I'll try to get that info. Can anyone tell me where to find the model number? It is a late 80's model. OR are these little clips pretty universal on the rudes of that era? It will pop back into the clip but it is weak and when I accelerate it comes out and then I'm idling back to the dock! ha
    I'm a newbie here! Thanks for any help. I have been searching for a diagram of the linkage with no luck.
    Rob

Model number will be on a small plate attached to the outside of the port transom bracket. It may also be on a quarter size core plug on the powerhead.

This clip... If you're speaking of the plastic fitting that the linkage plugs into, that's part number 313329, called a retainer. Available at any dealership.

Comment

Found the clips

It is a 1985 70hp Evinrude. The clips I needed are 0318165 got them ordered.
      Rob

Comment

Working...
      X