X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Controles

I'm thinking of changing out a 1987 evinrude 40 to a 1974 Johnson 70
    Will my existing OMC throttle controller for the 1987 work on the 1974 I
    am thinking of buying. Thanks for the help.

If the electrical plug is the same color (RED), yes, they'll interchange.

Comment

Okay I found a 1988 evinrude 88hp that I installed on my pontoon today. Everything matched up. How do I adjust the thumb wheel for the shift linkage?
      I want to make sure it is in gear (forward and reverse) all the way so I don't chew up the drive gears. I didn't have the lower unit off I just pulled the motor off a junk boat and and installed it on mine.
      Thanks

Comment

The adjustment wheel on the cable is called a "Trunion".

(Centering Shift Cable)
        (J. Reeves)

When all is as it should be, the proper method to adjust the shift cable is to disconnect the cable from the engine. Move the shift linkage on the engine to find the center of the play in neutral, and when found, leave it centered.

Now, grab the end of the shift cable sleeve, push and pull it to find the center of the play there, and center that play.

Adjust the trunion on the threaded portion of the shift cable so that the centered play of the cable lines up with the centered play of the engine's shift linkage. Install and lock the shift cable with the retaining clamp in that position. That's it.

Thousands of parts in my remaining stock. Not able to list them all. Let me know what you need and I'll look it up for you. Visit my eBay auction at:

joe_omc32 | eBay

Comment

Working...
        X