Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996/97 ocean pro problem

Hi
    I have a 1996/97 Evinrude ocean pro 150 that had been sitting for around a year. I have gotten it running but now I have a problem with the motor cutting off at full throttle after running for some time it may be 2 minutes or it may be 15 minutes. It seems to happen more frequently after it has ran for a while. It seem to me to be electrical because it just dies all of a sudden with no warning. If you run it at full throttle around 5200 rpms it happens pretty often but if you run it around 4500/4800 rpms it runs longer in between. It will crank right back up after it dies no problem. Things I have done/changed so far. I have rebuild all 6 carburetors, clean out fuel tank there is no anti siphon valve as I could find on the fuel tank, checked fuel lines, changed fuel/water separator, cleaned cone shaped screen, replaced VRO pump, replaced power pack, replaced ignition switch, spark plugs.
    Any help would be grateful
    Thanks
    David

Examine the stator under the flywheel very closely to see if any part of it is dripping a sticky looking substance down on the powerhead area.

Comment

Thanks I will look at it as soon as possible.

Comment

problem solved

It was the stator thanks for the help.
        David

Comment

Originally posted by davidgarrett View Post
          It was the stator thanks for the help.
          David
          Yay... Finally fixed one!

Comment

what is that sticky stuff on the coil? is it some protective **** around the coil

Comment

Working...
            X