Evinrude outboard ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evinrude outboard ID

Let me start off by saying hello to everyone and thanks for any help you can offer me ! Last night I was given an old evinrude outboard and I need some info on it, the guy that gave it to me said he thought it was an 18 hp. All I can find on it is a serial number and when I research it online I find nothing. The serial number off of plate attached to motor is 15020-29109 any help you can offer would be deeply appreciated, I'm trying to find out year and hp. Thanks in advance!

You have a 1957 18 hp.

Comment

Thank you I wasn't sure how old it was I was thinking early 60s but once again thank you...

Comment

In agreement with "PhrozeN", the number 15020 is the model number with the number of 29109 being the serial number. 1957 18hp Evinrude.

Comment

Thanks so much for responding ! I have another question , after examining the motor I found that the prop shear pin/ drive pin is br*** is this correct as this seems like br*** is to soft a metal for this but I may be wrong. I've been trying to find parts schematic and parts list online to check but can't seem to find anything. Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer....

Comment

The old 18hp bra$$ drive pin was part #302663 (bra$$) and is now Part #307949 (Stainless Steel)

Comment

Thanks so much ! This is an awesome site !!! I did manage to find an owners manual for it and am going to order it. Thanks again...

Comment

Working...
              X