1998 Johnson Power tilt trim hydraulic ***y repack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Johnson Power tilt trim hydraulic ***y repack

Model J150EXECD. Power tilt and trim part number 5005429. There are 2 white plastic rings in the rebuild kit. One is split spirally and the other has a diagonal split. Does anyone know where these go. Also, in the bottom of the tilt cylinder piston, there are 2 sets of springs. To which pair of holes do the longer springs go? Thanks, Dave.
    Last edited by Johntilt; 08-22-2016, 08:43 PM. Reason: add model number

there are two different spring sizes on the FASTRAK tilt cylinder depending on the type of the eng.

90 deg. v6 - one set of springs have five coils the other has nine coils
    five coil go in the large relief hole, and the nine coil goes in the small relief hole.
    90 deg. v4 60 deg v6- the piston relief hole are 0.081 in three of the four springs are one length, and the fourth spring is shorter the shorter spring can be placed in any hole in piston.
    Two PLASTIC SPLIT RING go to the bottom of the manual release valve, between the port.
    the trim rods piston have a two back up rings between the o ring.
    my reference is a 1996 johnson evrinrude service manual hope this help.

Comment

Thanks JetBlue. I have already re***embled without the split washers and it seems to be working ok. I also got lucky on the spring placement I guess. My service manual does not show or mention these parts.

Comment

welcome , i rebuild my PTT unit today and was left with the same two white washers and two rubber O rings.

Comment

Working...
        X