2000 175 ficht problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 175 ficht problem

hey guys first post any help would be huge have a 2000 175 ficht ran fine last season then tried starting it this spring no go. had mechanic take a look he repaced starter and some electrical items. put boat in water started right up a d ideled for 30 mins drove to dock at low speed all good. took it out the other day for first time and ran great for whole ride about 20 min then on the way bavk to dock throttled down to idle and she died and would not restart. towed it to slip replaced fuel filter thought maybe gumed up but nothing. back outta the wAter at mechanic and he says it may be lower crank main bearing. im not a marine mechanic but confident with cars but it seems strange this would be the reason its not starting. i would understand running like crap and knocking or a thumping noice but not a reason to not start t all. any advice would be helpful.

I can tell you from experience that a fully charged battery is extremely important for these motors to reliably start. I have a 2000 225 that would crank like no tomorrow, sound like it wanted to start once in a while but not start. I put a jumper pack on it and it started right up. This was last fall. This spring the battery were charged. On the trailer getting ready for use it started first try and idled fine. Tried it again a couple of days later and it would crank but not start. Checked by battery with a hydrometer and it was a little over 50%. (turns out the battery would not charge much above that) I replaced the battery with an AGM battery that has more CCA and the motor has been starting like a champ. Group 27 battery

Comment

Working...
    X