This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model Reference Chart

Here is a chart to determine what year of unit.
    Model Number Reference Guide ver 05.pdf
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

1981 70hp evinrude

I Need an explaination of the model numbers, for an 1981 evinrude 70hp. The charts I've found explain everything except "T","M" and the "H'. The model numbers I need help with are "E70ELCIH","E70ELCIM" and "E70TLCIM".
    What are letters "T", "M" and "H" stands for?

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      here is a chart to determine what year of unit.
      [ATTACH]17[/ATTACH]
      thats the problem tag gone any other ideas

Comment

The T stands for tilt and trim electric start, can't help with the H,M

Comment

looking for Manuel

trying to find manuel for '98 90 hp evinrude XE90TSLECM....not having any luck with this model #.....thanks

Comment

can anyone help i have a E225FHLSIG it was made on the sticker in 11/2000 i cannot understand what the "H" and the "L" are meaning and what year model is it
            thanks chris

Comment

It's a 2001 model
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

not sure if this is the place but I have a evinrude 9.9 here. model number is 104245 Serial Number is E0006571. can anybody tell me a year? I need to look up a recoil so I can see what part is broken. Thanx

Comment

Year Help?

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
                  Here is a chart to determine what year of unit.
                  [ATTACH]17[/ATTACH]
                  I am in Ireland but my model number is not in any of those lists can anyone help with a year?

HE25KCLG or HE25KC1.G badge very worn

Thanks

Comment

Year help

Also can anyone tell me how reliable these old engines are? I have no idea of its history but it does run on 50:1 2-stroke mix. I am guessing a good strip down, grease prop shaft and replace gearcase oil and water pump impeller should go a good way to maintaining it. Also it works by r/c on my shetland boat and stops by an electric button on the dash but does not have electric start. Maybe it is equipped for E/s but no longer in use - no starter motor inside.

Comment

Anyone there?

Originally posted by davyjones1960 View Post
                      Also can anyone tell me how reliable these old engines are? I have no idea of its history but it does run on 50:1 2-stroke mix. I am guessing a good strip down, grease prop shaft and replace gearcase oil and water pump impeller should go a good way to maintaining it. Also it works by r/c on my shetland boat and stops by an electric button on the dash but does not have electric start. Maybe it is equipped for E/s but no longer in use - no starter motor inside.
                      Helloooo is anyone alive there???

Comment

Originally posted by green66ford View Post
                        The T stands for tilt and trim electric start, can't help with the H,M
                        I believe the h and m are just a production change made through out the year or the country in which the engine was ***embled in .

Comment

most of the letters are very simple to understand.

ok here goes for some of the above ones.
                          on the e225 for example, the f stands for ficht the h is for high output.
                          the l is for longshaft the etc.

on most of the omc/brp stuff it really is easy to follow.

the very last letter is often just a production run letter and means nothing really.
                          its the 2 letters before the end that normally give the year.

my engine is a BE60TLEOC for example.

B is a factory (usa),
                          E=evinrude
                          60 =60hp
                          T =trim n tilt,
                          L= longshaft.
                          EO = 1995
                          C + is just the factory run model..

when shown what your model number is you feel silly for asking as its just so obvious.
                          especilly if it has a H and big decals on the side saying high output !!!!!!

hope this helps.

any probs not knowing just post here and im sure someone will tell you what you have.

if your plate is missing then its also stamped on a 1 inch disc on the engine somewhere near the cylinder head.

Comment

Help Please

Can someone please help me out, Bought a boat as a project. Unfinished.

Looking for some info regarding the motors... came with 2.

Cant seem to match the motor serial/model number with anything.

MOD No. A J50TLCCS
                            SER No. A 07601638

OUTBOARD MARINE CORPORATION
                            AUSTRALIA

The above is exactly what's on the silver plate. The other motor I can't find the plate just yet.

Any help kindly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                            X