1998 150 ficht charging system,modE150fcxecrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 150 ficht charging system,modE150fcxecrr

I have twin 150's. One charges fine. The other charges when engine first starts and is cold. It charges at 14 volts for about 15 minutes, then quits. Any thoughts and suggestions

Same issue...

I have twin 150 Johnsons both 98 models. I have replaced the battery, battery cables, regulator, engine harness, power replay, stator, flywheel and I still have the same problem. When I replaced the battery the issue seemed to have stopped but then returned after 4 trips. Same engine seems to have a dead miss at idle and a low idle which cycles.

I replaced the plugs and indexed and used Seafoam in the tank and in the intake at off idle.

While the Seafoam did clear the white smoke which tells me I lost the carbon buildup, I have seen no improvement in idle or charging.

I have to think there is a lose wire on the engine that is not in the harness that has something to do with voltage sense but still looking into that.

Other wise both engines run good but would like to hear if anyone has found a smoking gun a-ha that fixed it for this issue.

Comment

Working...
    X