1993 Evinrude 30 HP Sputtering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Evinrude 30 HP Sputtering

I bought the engine new in 1993. Since we run fishing lines on a river, we mostly keep the engine running for about one hour at a time. Over the last several years - after running at full speed for 15 - 25 minutes to our destination and returning to idle and slow speeds between lines, when I try to accelerate, the motor spits and sputters - but never stalls. If shut off, the motor will immediately restart, only to sputter on acceleration. After idling for 10-15 minutes after onset of the problem, the motor runs fine for the rest of the night - 4 to 8 hours. Problem then recurs on the next trip. I was thinking it had something to do with operating temperature, but the motor is shut off and cools when not running lines.

I appreciate any input. Sorry if I have missed any protocols with my initial post.

Did you ever figure out this issue? I have the same problem with a 25hp.

Comment

carbs

Carbs need cleaning. More than likely. Unless this has already been done recently they should probably be rebuilt. That being said Mercury marine also sells a tuning spray called "power tune". It is a good product if your looking to try a possible easier way. Stuff is great.

Comment

Working...
      X