1985 VR4 70 hp Bogging Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 VR4 70 hp Bogging Down

Hello i have a 1985 vr4 70 hp. When i try to get on plane the motor bogs down, but it does not happen all the time, i went fishing yesterday and when i started out the motor did not get on plane, had the same problem the day before but after about 15 -20 min i was able to get on plane.
    Went fishing had the motor off for about 2hours,when i started back it planed immediately and had no problem,but when i had to slow to 6 mph and tried to plane up again,no such luck it just bogged down...i am able to go slow without any issues .Sometimes when i pump the ball after a minute or two it will surge to plane then slow down again,but when i was on plane and checked the ball it was NOT soft.
    This is what i have done to the boat, new plugs,new wires,new gas, carbs have been cleaned with cleaner (not broken down and acid washed). cleaned the coil pack where it attaches to block, cleaned water seperator on the side of the motor,new battery. Also the oil injection line has been removed and capped off so i mix oil and gas, i am not sure if this would have anything to do with the problem. Does it have a switch or sensor that might not of been removed?
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..The Boat and motor has only had one other owner.

Thank You
    Wendell
    Last edited by Wendell; 09-15-2011, 07:42 AM.

Sounds like a fuel problem, you should remove and throughly clean the carburetors. Also sound like the fuel pump maybe going bad.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X