E70TLCUR Air Bleeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E70TLCUR Air Bleeds

After rebuilding my brothers carbs on this 1987 motor, it would run high speed OK, but not idle long before dying. He found crud in the fuel pump, so I pulled them and went through them again, same problem.

While he's restoring the boat, I have the carbs again, looking at the parts store for this motor, I see the idle air bleeds and high speed orifices are not what's in the carbs now. Currently they have #28 idle air bleeds and the high speed orifices I can't read, too corroded. The parts store calls for #33 and #64D. Would this cause the issues he's experiencing?

This motor hadn't run for several years before now, it's NOT oil injected, so a two stroke.

Question is, could someone have put these carbs on from a different motor? Are the bleeds and orifices I need the ones shown in the parts store, and are all three carbs jetted the same?

Thanks, Larry
    Last edited by larrym; 10-01-2011, 11:51 PM. Reason: More detail

Yes, incorrect jetting can cause idle issues. Change the jets, be sure all air/fuel p***ages are thoroughly cleaned prior to re***embly.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X