Installing Impeller on 1988 Evenrude 90 Hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Impeller on 1988 Evenrude 90 Hp

I recently purchased a boat with a 90 HP Evenrude and I want to install a new impeller but I am not sure as to where I need to look to remove the linkage so I can remove lower unit to expose the impeller. I have removed the four bolts on the lower unit but decided to ask for guidance before I make a mess. Thanks for any ***istance available, verbal directions or referal to a source for schematics that point out where I should look for the release screw.
    PS: I am told that the Tilt and trim does not work, what should I check first.

The shift shaft disconnects from top of shaft, remove the bolt from shift linkage underneath bottom carb.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

its all in the mm

when in doubt allways turn to the maintenance manual. I have used these on my evinrude 200hp and they are awsome. tilt, try checking the fuse first.

Comment

Thanks to both respondents. I will take heed to your advice and attempt the repairs tomorrow, Tuesday 4/28/10 and will let you know of my success (smile).
        Captain P. L.

Comment

Update to post

I found the bolt and as fate would have it I broke the bolt when attempting to remove it. I am really lost now. A friend suggested removing the carb so I can hopefully get to the broken bolt so that I can then remove the lower unit as planned. In the meantime I will order the manual on monday to see if that will give me any hope.
          Any ideas - all suggestions appreciated,
          Capt. P. L.

Comment

Working...
          X