1985 Evinrude 55RWLCOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 Evinrude 55RWLCOS

Hello to all and thank you for having this information and help available. I have a 55 HP Evinrude Model E55RWLCOS and am wondering if an electric starter can be readily adapted and if so what is the starter P/N I should buy ? I understand there is a flywheel gear that needs to be on the motor plus a solenoid and start button/key, battery etc. Thanks again and hope your day is better than you had planned. jon

The following link should ***ist you. This is an electric start kit.

0396949 ELEC START KIT $410.12
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you

Thank you for the help. I am wondering what the starter motor P/N by itself is. I am not sure the motor is worth putting that much money in it. Thanks again for your prompt reply. jon

Comment

Starter kit contents

Thank you again for your reply. Could you tell me what this kits includes beside the starter motor. I ***ume there is more to it than just the motor. Thanks again and have a great day, jon

Comment

The starter motor ***embly is the following link.

0778993 MOTOR AY, STARTER $191.07

The kit comes with the charging components and all the necessary starting components (relays, start button, ect).
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Need some more help on tiller ***embly

First of all thank sooo much for your help with the starter kit information. I will be ordering it along with some more parts. I have a couple of questions maybe you can help me with:
            1) I need to buy a tiller ***embly # 0396113 also. I looked up the parts list on here and just want to make sure the ***embly comes with all the components listed in the diagram. The tiller ***embly and all of its components was removed from this motor and I need to reinstall and new handle ***embly since none of the parts are there. I don't want to miss any parts I will need when I order.
            2) Is there a shifter kit or do I have to buy the parts separately as listed in the diagram. Once again none of the parts are there for a tiller set-up.
            3) IF I have to buy the shifter ***embly parts separately can you tell me where the detent springs bolt up. I am going to post another request and see if someone has an actual picture of the set-up.
            Thank you again for being so prompt and helpful. It is much appreciated. jon

Comment

1) Yes the 0396113 should come with all tiller components
              2) Unfortunately there is no kit for the shifting, will need to purchase what you require.
              3) What are you referring to as the detent spring? Not showing any springs for the shifter.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Shifter kit

I was referring to is the 2 springs that hold the shift cam in gear. Te P/N 331108 is listed as an ***embly. I am having a difficult time finding anyone who can tell me what is included in the ***embly. Thanks for your help. jon

Comment

The contents of kit are not listed but it would only include the newer style parts to change it and nothing more.
                  Regards
                  Boats.net
                  Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Shifter info

When you say "Change it" what are you referring to ? I am swapping it over to a tiller handle and have none of the attachments for the tiller handle mounted shifter. It would be alright if this had the side mounted external shift handle like the old style but it just has the remote style hook-up inside the cover. I do appreciate your time and ***istance. Thank you for bearing with me while I research this. The wife wants to go fishing lol. Have a great day, jon

Comment

There are not descriptions to further ***ist you. The only option is to order what you think you need. If you are short, then you order what you are missing.
                      Regards
                      Boats.net
                      Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you again

Thanks again for your help. The only thing I am having trouble locating is the tiller handle ***embly P/N 396113. Found and ordered everything else from Seaway Marine. Have a great day, jon

Comment

Working...
                        X