Remote switch-!988 75 hp OB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote switch-!988 75 hp OB

Starts fine if i don't push the key in to engage choke. If I press the key in without start position the choke engages. When I push the key in to start position, nothing.
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Arnie

Originally posted by Greenturtle View Post
    Starts fine if i don't push the key in to engage choke. If I press the key in without start position the choke engages. When I push the key in to start position, nothing.
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Arnie
    Will some one please help !

Comment

If it's not cranking engine over when engaging choke then probably a bad ignition switch, if engine is cranking but wont start then may have a bad choke primer on engine.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

rermote switch

Had the switch all disconnected & ohm meter checked OK. The choke primer works fine if I don't try to start. This is something that just happened all at once. I could take the switch out again & recheck again. Any other possibilities ?
        Thank you for your response,
        Arnie

Comment

Remote switch

If I manually choke it starts fine, Which is what I do once ,then it starts every time without choke for the rest of the day.
          Arnie

Comment

Switch

Arnie, Have a good time playing with the remote switch, but to solve the issue, replace it!. Their cheap $$, and they dont last forever.

Comment

Remote switch reply

OK I'll give it a try. Going to Nobles Marine tomorrow. find out what cheap is.
              Thanks for staying with me. Arnie

Comment

Working...
              X